Happy Thanksgiving! I’m celebrating in Dunedin, Florida this year with my immediate family. M and I spend every Thanksgiving with my family in Florida and Christmas with his in New Jersey. This year I have so much to be thankful for, most of all that I’m going to be a mom soon (in just a few short months!). I’m also thankful for all the love and support that’s sent through the internet. Just like everything else there’s always negative stuff out there, but through this blog I’ve become part of an online community that focuses on the positive and shares inspirational ideas.
A Dunedin sunset
Back in August I was nominated for the Blog on Fire Award by Carolyn of The Mommy Diaries. Thanks Carolyn, and I guess I’ve officially become a mom since I’m running behind and feeling a little scatterbrained. Here are 8 things about me, followed by 8 blogs I enjoy.
- I’m cooking Thanksgiving dinner on my own for the first time this year.
- It will be all veggie, but my mom is bringing a small turkey that she’s making ahead of time.
- Today I plan to roast two sugar pumpkins for the pies.
- It’s been an exciting year with a marriage proposal and baby news.
- The baby should be here just in time for spring (I’m due at the end of March).
- M and I are getting married next November at the Mirror Lake Lyceum in St. Pete, Fl.
- It’s been hard to eat healthy lately.
- I practice yoga every day, although some days it’s just 15 minutes of easy poses with some slow breathing.
8 mommy-related blogs:
- Whole Life Health Services: practical advice written by a mommy/naturopathic med student
- My Sweetnest: all about organizing the nest
- Lay Baby Lay: the cutest nursery ideas ever
- The Imagination Tree: creative things to do with young ones
- Britt & Her Boys: DIY projects
- This Mama Makes Stuff: more creative ideas
- The Forge: lifestyle inspiration
- KellyMom: everything you need to know about breast feeding
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Philosophy literally means “love of wisdom”. My picks are Thitch Nhat Hanh followed by Deepok Chopra.
2.What is your favorite number? 28
3. What is your favorite animal? dogs, dolphins, manatees & sea lions
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? veggie vinyasa’s registered on both, but I don’t really use them. I’m much more into Pinterest these days
5. What is your favorite time of day? whatever time is spent with friends
6. What is your favorite physical activity? yoga! plus walking and swimming
7. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? fresh fruit juice/smoothies
8. What is your favorite flower? daisies
9. What is your passion? yoga, cooking, spending time outdoors
- Just Lovely
- Lovely Indeed
- Happy Healthy Life
- Baker Bettie
- Smitten Design
- The Small Things Blog
- Pregnant Chicken
- Bonzai Aphrodite
- La Belle Bride
So there you have it. Happy reading and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with loved ones and gratitude!