As if you really needed a reason to look forward to lunch, but I wanted to share why I love bringing healthy homemade food to the breakroom table.
5 Reasons packing your own lunch rocks:
- Something yummy to look forward to all morning
- Saves time and energy when you need it the most: during the workday (easier to spend a few minutes the night before on preparation than to run out during your break to buy something)
- Hardly any waste, especially when you’ve got special reusable containers and a cool lunchbox/bag
- You’ll have tons of energy from nutritious wholesome food
- It’s a conversation starter
Today’s veggie-licious lunch
Just this afternoon someone asked me what was in the bowl. They had never heard of quinoa, so I was in my glory as I described how easy it is to make and all the yummy things you can do with it (like make breakfast in a jiffy).
Here’s a list of today’s lunch mix-up:
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 1/2 c. canned white beans, rinsed (Eden brand)
- 3 Tbsp. avocado
- 2 Tbsp. dressing
- sprinkle of fresh basil and parsley
Dressing: (estimated amounts)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. flax oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
*Shake all ingredients in a jar, store in the fridge. Pour a little on the salad in the morning. Save the rest in the fridge for another day.
As per a reader suggestion (Thanks Jennifer), I shook the whole thing up at lunch and let the avocado get all over everything so every bite was avocado-licious. Yummm!
What do you pack for lunch? Do you have any delicious salad dressing recipes? Please share!