On Friday I got an exciting message from fellow blogger Jennifer at Flowtation Devices. She writes a quirky little blog about yoga, dancing and life. I was both surprised and thrilled when I read that Jennifer nominated me for a Liebster Award. Then this morning I received a virtual note from Linds at Tracks by Linds. She’s a fellow yogini that’s floating through life with a smile. She nominated me, too. Double thanks ladies!
The Liebster Award is awarded by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the “new(er)bies” gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
Without further ado, here are five blogs that I adore:
Healthy Green Kitchen might have more than 200 readers, I’m not really sure how to tell. Anyway, I just started reading recently and I love the photography and recipe suggestions. Winnie has a page called One Healthy Change with tons of inspiring ideas.
House Poulette is an amusing tale of an American girl living in England with her French husband. Her stories are fun and she has a great sense of humor. My favorite post so far was when she got her hubby to try yoga by taking him to a class with a hot instructor. Hey, whatever works.
Nose Walkin & Trash Talkin is written by a cute surfer chick with a trucker’s mouth. I took Cailin’s yoga class last month in Margate. She’s a barrel of laughs in real life and I like scrolling through pics from her travel/yoga/food ventures.
Ma Vie en Vert is a brand new blog about green living. She’s got just a few posts so far, but each one is written from the heart.
Be More With Less probably doesn’t meet the criteria for readership either, but I’m listing anyway cause it’s amazing and I can’t stop reading Courtney’s older posts. She gives tons of tips on how to get organized, pare down and keep life simple. Everything I want, but need help getting there.
So those are my five. And here’s a few fun facts about me that you might not know:
- I was surprised to learn my primary dosha is pitta, although it didn’t surprise anyone I told.
- I absolutely hate wasabi and horseradish. My boyfriend loves both.
- I’ve lived in Florida, Montana, England, New York City, Philadelphia and now South Jersey. There’s always a half packed suitcase in my bedroom and I’m ready to wander at a moment’s notice.
- Speaking of rooms, mine is such a mess right now that I’ve been sleeping between two comforters for the past week because I can’t find my sheets. It’s time to finish unpacking!
- I can’t resist Wavy Lays potato chips. I don’t buy ’em because the bag will disappear in a day or two.
There you have it. What’s your favorite blog, well-known or otherwise?
Check out the links in my sidebar to see what I’m reading regularly.
Please share a random fact about yourself!