Curiosity is a raw and genuine sign from deep inside our tangled psyches, and we’d all do well to follow the direction it points us in. -Po Bronson
A gorgeous summer day in Atlantic City, NJ
Four years ago I started practicing yoga a few times a week. (It was love at first downward facing dog.) My curiosity, along with a gentle nudge from a friend, led me to teacher training this past winter. I started this blog and became connected into a community of like-minded friends. Last week I read about Kelly‘s 30 by 30 list. I’m inspired, and with six and a half months left in my 20’s there are a lot of things I would like to accomplish. I decided to make my own list that focuses on practical skills and spiritual growth. I realized that there are many useful things that I don’t know how to do for myself and instead of relying on others, I want to learn how to take care of my own needs. In the past I’ve been blessed to travel and try new things so I’ve purposely left out partying in Key West (it was checked off last New Year’s).
The list is in no particular order.
30 Before 30
- Run a 5k
- Simplify my living space and clear out the clutter
- Eat local for one week
- Do a headstand without the wall
- Go one full day without talking, texting, emailing, or facebook
- Complete 21 days of meditation
- Travel without a plan
- Attend a kirtan
- Do a cleanse
- Learn how to change a tire
- Work on a farm for a day
- Become CPR certified
- Learn how to make one kick-ass vegan recipe to bring to parties
- Find a charity to believe in and support
- Eat in for one week
- Learn more about prenatal yoga
- Sew an article of clothing and wear it
- Try zumba
- Go on a 15+ mile bike ride
- Attend a yoga festival
- Eat vegan for one week
- Read another translation of the Yoga Sutras
- Study Spanish and stick with it
- Hold crow pose for five breaths
- Write a handwritten heartfelt letter once a week for 10 weeks
- Master a homemade chai recipe
- Go on a solo hike
- Celebrate the seasons
- Attend a kundalini yoga class
- Make my own beauty products
What are you curious about?
I am interested in learning how make all types of delicious healthy food. I also want to make less of an impact on the environment, challenge myself and make sure I spread some love around. Animals and nature make me happy.
Do you have a bucket list? What’s on it/or would be on it?